Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Definition

My definition of a clean house is changing. With every week that passes I except a new level of "clean." The floor is so far away. I am 30 weeks pregnant now, 10 more to go. What will happen to my house in 10 weeks?

Betsy

p.s. This is my third time doing this, but my first with swelling. How come I never knew that swollen limbs hurt, ache, cause restless nights. I thought it was just annoying visually, not painful. My sympathies to all the pregnant women out there who swell with each pregnancy. It sucks.

3 comments:

Nancy Bane said...

I am so glad that you've joined us "real women" with the "clean" house. Most of the time my clean house means I've picked up all the toys and that's it!! I'm sure once you have the baby, you'll be back to your old scrubbing ways. :) Sorry about the swelling! I never had it with either Dalton or Jackson.

Harris Family said...

Betsy,

I feel your house cleaning pains. From my experience, redefining the word "clean" doesn't get US (the Wienands girls) very far because we know better. WE know what clean is and what it should be. Therefore, if we try to convince ourselves during the day that "this is clean", our dreams at night will tell us "NO IT'S NOT!!!"

The only thing that I have found to help me through this battle is a 5 letter word called *GRACE*.

Give yourself *GRACE* in this season for not getting things done that you know should be done because they will ALL still be there later on--unfortunately.

--Heidi

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about the swelling. I had it so bad with Jacob. My legs were the same size from my waist all the way down to my toes. By the end I couldn't even hardly squeeze my fat feet in flip flops. You are heading towards the home stretch though. The end is in sight. And as far as the house....close your eyes and you can't really see the mess. LOL

(Or you can always have an accident and your mom could come and live with you for two months and totally get your house in tip top shape....oh wait....Mom lives there by you...that won't work.)