Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OUCH!!


While playing at a friends house today, Taya snagged her knee on a nail and tore her skin back pretty seriously. It tore in three separate, very jagged, pieces. We went to the doctor where he was able to put several special strip bandages on it and then she had to have two shots. Fortunately, Taya is going to be just fine.

The thing that amazes me about her is that when it comes to "serious" injury/illness she has been able to handle things pretty well. When she looked down at her knee, she knew it was bad. She never went crazy or lost control. She cried a little but she stayed calm and let me clean it up. When the doctor needed to put it back together she toughed it out. She even took the shots like a champ. About a year ago she cut cut the back of her head and needed a couple of staples. She did great. When Taya had chicken pox she never scratched them, never. It just blew me away that she never even touched them!

Taya, I am so proud of you. You showed considerable self-control today and that is something that I am pleased to watch developing in you. It is an area you show strength in and I pray it continues to grow in you. I am so blessed to be your mother. You are an amazing, tough, funny, loving, kind, spunky, loving kid. I love you.

0 comments: