Monday, December 10, 2012

Our own lingo

If you come to our house and listen to us a talk you might get a little confused.  Over the years we have added strange mispronounced or combined words to our lingo because they are so cute or funny.  Sometimes they stick and become part of our ever day talk and get us in a rather embarrassing situation.  For example, defaulty.  Years ago I had a co-worker who combined two different words together frequently and their was no use setting him straight.  He didn't care and wouldn't remember and would just roll with his own words anyway.  They would be so funny sometimes that they would just stick.  That is how we got defaulty in our lingo.  Humorous to our group of friends or family who know the back story, not so humorous when accidently thrown into a conversations with people who have no idea you really know it is not a real word.  I was talking to a patient of ours and threw down the word makie.  It is what we call naked.  Doesn't make sense to anybody else but us.  Just makes me look like a mom who doesn't talk to adults much.  Which is true I guess.  Our newest addition is skirtsy.  Taya and Gwyneth had their first piano recital this weekend and had to learn how to courtesy for it.  Taya took to calling it skirtsy and after I corrected her a couple of times I just let it be and joined her in calling it skirtsy.  It is really cute.  When I was younger I use to call the lawn mower a mawn lower.  To this day you can still hear my dad call it a mawn lower.  I have a feeling I will be doing the same 30 years from now. 

Betsy

1 comments:

Harris Family said...

Plogged (combo of plugged and clogged) is one of our favorites from you guys. We have adapted it into our own vocabulary.