Date Night
Alex and I had a regular old fashion date last night. Dinner and a movie was on the menu. We had a great time. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie. I think it was before I was pregnant and Taya is 10 months old now, so it has been awhile. Stacie came over and watch Taya. Alex and I are the only ones who have ever put Taya to bed and I was nervous about it, but of course she did just fine. We saw Family Stone which was really funny. I recommend it to any one looking for a nice light hearted comedy. I am getting a little tired of serious dramas. Come on cable networks, come up with something good. So, overall a great night.
Alex is back to school and we are settled into our routine again. Taya has struggled a little with not seeing daddy all day. She whined the first day he was gone. Then today, when he came home for lunch, she followed him around for the two hours he was home. She is still a little sick. They both are for that matter. Can't seem to finish off the cough and nose thing.
So we have not figured out how to stop Taya from licking the trash can and from throwing all her toys away. (Not to mention a few of my things) She has this major fascination with the trash can and it seems that we spend most of the day keeping her out of it. What do I do? Is there a better trash can out there? A firm no has no effect on her and time out means nothing yet. Distraction use to work but now she know what she wants and is not easily distracted. Cooking dinner has become a joke. It takes me twice as long because I am chasing her away from the trash. Who knows how many toys she have thrown away. I try to keep my eye out but I am sure we have missed a few. What to do, what to do.
Betsy
0 comments:
Post a Comment