Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Anniversary

So we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Wow how times flies. Apparently Alex says it feels like 25. Alex was off of school yesterday which was nice. I got to sleep in which can be just about the best present ever. When Alex and I got married I had such big plans for our 5th anniversary. I thought that maybe we would get to take a trip or a 3 day weekend. Something really nice to celebrate. That's not what happened at all. Here is the account of what happened...
12:00am-puking, lots of puking (Alex did get out of bed to get me some water)
1:45am-roll Alex over because he is talking in his sleep
3:30am-roll Alex over because he just pushed me out of bed
5:45am-"momma, daddy, daw, daw, roo-roo, roo-roo, whaaaaaaaaa!!!"
6:30am-choke down 4 crackers, prop myself up on every pillow in the bed to make the heartburn go away.
7:00-10:30am-catch a few z's in between shouts of mama, Elmo's World playing in the background and every loud toy in the world going off.
10:30am-drag myself out of bed and hurry and get ready
11:30am-run out the door with Taya because we are late for a lunch date
11:45am-1:00pm-watch Taya play in a sprinkler while I spend the entire time trying to get down a piece of bread and cheese
1:00pm-Alex picks me up at friends house and take me to the doctor
1:45pm-we see our little peanut for the first time
2:30pm-stop and pick up a bagel and try to keep most of it down
3:00pm-pick up Taya and drag myself home
3:30-10:00-somehow make it through the afternoon, dinner and a movie all from the couch laying in the fetal position

So to sum things up-I am pregnant and sick and my dream of laying on a beach for our anniversary were just that, a dream. But we are excited and really with one great baby girl and another bundle of joy on the way, who needs a beach to have fun. The baby is due in January and we had our fist ultrasound and everything looks great. Can we handle two?

On Sunday we were able to go out on a real date which doesn't happen often. We had a friend watch Taya while Alex and grabbed lunch and then saw Xmen 3. I loved the movie. I don't think I have been to the movies in almost a year so it was a blast and I felt good most of the day.

Love you Alex, thanks for 5 great years.
Betsy

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah!!!! I am not even going to guess the sex of this baby since I said boy for Taya and I was sooooo very wrong. I am so excited for you guys. Taya will make a great big sis.

Jennie