Amen
Today was a sucky day. It wasn't really that bad but not much went my way. I had a couple of things planned, fix the washer, check the smell from the shower, mow, spray for bugs and stain the deck. I tried fixing the washer and I couldn't even open the freaking thing. I took screws out of every which way and just stopped. I have a degree in engineering and couldn't open a washer...awesome. Then I went under the house to check the funny smell coming from the shower. We thought it might have been a sewer backup, which happens in the park. I went under and checked the pipes and they were dry. Then I just happened to look a couple of feet past and saw the lining sagging like the full udder of a cow feeding twins. I didn't even inspect it, because I know it's a leak and I don't fix plumbing. I can watch Betsy's dad do it but as soon as I try it...well, we know how the washer ended up. Anyway, I decided to mow and had no problems. I then went to get the bug spray and the bottle was empty. I was pretty ugly from being under the house and mowing so I had Betsy run to the store while I washed the deck. She came back and I sprayed for bugs, then I started to collect inventory for deck staining and realized I didn't have any deck stain left. I just quit after that. There's really no point in going on. I have to find someone to fix the washer and fix the plumbing and redo the insulation under the house and I already spent a billion dollars for a seminar in New Jersey.
Even though all this happened, it was overshadowed by the fact that Taya said "Amen" for the first time today after the prelunch prayer. It actually sounds more like Ah meen but it's pretty cute. On top of that she sang "Happy" all day. Haaappyyy...happyyy...haaaaaapy.
I guess if she can't get a job the least she could do is entertain me.
Alex
0 comments:
Post a Comment