Thursday, July 20, 2006

Indestructible

The worst storm passed over St. Louis last night. They say it was one of the worst ever. We were worried because trailers are known to attract tornados. Interestingly the storm had a weird U-shape to it and we were in the middle of the weak part. It was a blessing because the winds downtown were above 80 mph. Windows were blown out and a lot of people were hurt. The real problem is that 400,000 families are without electricity with 100 degrees of temperature. People are dying of heat and it's pretty ugly. I'm thankful that we weren't in the worst of it. Bad plumbing doesn't seem so bad after this. I'm glad we were safe and I thank God for protecting us.
On another note, I have a picture of our child's climbing skills. She is going to really hurt herself
and we can't seem to put it in her head that we don't want her doing it.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

I love this picture of her climbing, because this is something I would totally do, leave the kid hanging on the edge of a piece of furniture while I snapped a picture.