Monday, December 04, 2006

Vacation?

I feel like we are still here for a vacation or visit. I am not sure when it will settle in that we are here for good. The problem might be that we are at my parents house instead of our own. Things are finally calming down a bit. We return to St. Louis for Alex's graduation the 13th and then Alex officially starts work on the 18th. I am nervous about him making money, will he make money? I am sure everything will be fine. Taya seems to be transitioning okay. This past week she has decided that she is not potty trained. Here we went for a couple of weeks without an accident and then today alone we have had four. It is a little frustrating but I am trying to give her a little grace and just let her work it out. I will end with a little funny story. We had some icy weather the past week and Alex was suppose to call me when he got to work the other morning to I wouldn't worry about him. Needless to say, he forgot to call. So after awhile I called to the office to ask the receptionist if he made it in. The conversation went like this,

Me: "Hi, this is Betsy, Alex's wife. He was suppose to call me and let me know if he made it to work. Is he there yet?"

Receptionist: "I'm sorry, who is Alex?"

Me: "The new doctor that will be working there. He should be observing Dr. Moore today."

Receptionist: "Oh! You mean Dr. Yu. Yes he made it just fine."

Did you hear that people, DR. YU. How crazy is that. I guess I better start calling him Dr. Yu. "Dr. Yu, would you like milk or water with dinner" or "Dr. Yu, could you please take out the trash." For as much money as we paid for that title I should never use his first name again. I admit it is still strange for me to hear people call him that. He is going to looks so cute in his office doing all his doctorly things.

Betsy

1 comments:

Harris Family said...

Yes, it is like living in two seperate worlds--one world were Alex is Alex (NO NEED TO DESCRIBE/EXPLAIN FOR THOSE WHO KNOW HIM WELL) and the other world were Dr. Genius can do no wrong--For Dr. Yu, this world will be a world where his opinion and thoughts count, unlike at home....