Monday, January 01, 2007

TAKE THAT DOC!

So I am still pregnant much to the dismay of my doctor. He was so convinced I was going to go into labor over the weekend. I think I have until next weekend at least. I am dilated to 4, my cervix has thinned completely and the baby dropped - but I am still pregnant. At this point I want to stay pregnant until I get over this cough and head cold I have had for a couple of days. Not to mention that I have a message scheduled for tomorrow at 11:00. I have another check up tomorrow and he told me to come with my hospital bags. He even called and rescheduled me for the first appointment of the day and told me not to eat anything heavy. His theory is if I have dilated any more he wants to send me to the hospital and break my water. I am going to do whatever it takes to avoid that. At this point I want to get as far into January as I can, I don't want to miss my massage, Alex has patients scheduled for Tuesday, and I want to get over this cold. So hopefully nothing has happened and I can get a few more days under my belt. I really want to go into labor Thursday after Alex gets off work. That way he will only have to miss a half day on Friday. I think I am getting a little too picky. You can always hope for the best.

So I typed up a huge update about Christmas and then the internet went down and I lost everything. So here is a brief recap. I won't be posting any pictures of Christmas morning. We couldn't get Taya to stop playing so all the pictures of her are of the back of her head. Also, the only way any one will see the pictures of me from Christmas morning is over my dead body. I have hit the point of ugly pregnant and that mixed with the morning look is just wrong. Christmas was fun, rather slow, but fun. We got up around 7:30am and unwrapped the few presents. Taya loves her kitchen and shopping cart. She played all morning and after lunch we took a nap. Around 3:00 the family came over for some good grub. I started to have contractions and ran the family off my about 6:30. So, basically it was slow going. We didn't play one round of cards this year. How sad.

I did party like crazy last night. I convinced Lori to hang out with her boring sister. (I bribed her with food) She got off of work around 8:30 last night. We ate and then played cards. Get this, I was up until 12:45am. Can you believe it? I had a great time last night but I am paying for it today. Alex and Taya are at his parents house having the traditional Korean New Year's soup while I stay at home and rest. I think all that partying only aggravated my cold. I just wanted to have a little fun. Not having much fun today though.

So that is all for now. Hopefully the next update will involve pictures of the new baby.

Betsy

2 comments:

Jen said...

I guess the doctor was semi right. You didn't make it to your appointment but you didn't make your massage either. Congrats and we can't wait to see pictures of the little peanut.

Jennie

Robyn said...

Let's see those pictures!