Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It is getting hot in here...


so I came home and took off all my clothes, laid under the ceiling fan and prayed for snow. Okay, so I didn't do any of that, but seriously, it is hot. I had to run to a few stores today and I thought I was going to have a heat stroke. My worst nightmare is being out and having no water. I always take a bottle of water where ever I go, but 12 ounces does not cut it anymore. So today I knew we had a few places to go, so I loaded the kids and I up with 72 ounces of cold water. We drank most of it before we got home. We were only gone for 3 hours.

I am very happy to be off of bed rest, but there is something to say for bed rest at almost 9 months of pregnancy. It was Alex's birthday yesterday, shout out to Alex's last year in the 20s, and we made him his favorite lemon cookies. Robyn, they did not turn out like yours. So sad. I also made him a roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy and homemade biscuits. It was all so delicious and the most exhausting thing ever. I was on my feet in the kitchen for hours. Poor Alex, by the time dinner was over, I waddled my tired, sore body to the bedroom and laid down. He cleaned most of his birthday dinner up by himself. He has been such a trooper. Then to top it off he vacuumed the house since I am not suppose to be doing too much physical work. My body felt great on bed rest, but it was hard on the kids. They knew something was up and they went a little crazy. Even though I am not doing much more now, just the fact that I get to go with them places has changed them drastically. It upset Gwyneth big time to go run an errand with daddy and to leave me behind. She would come home after a short time away and hug me 3 or 4 times and say "mommy, you love me?" They just know when things are a little different.

So here is to the next 5 weeks of pregnancy. May a cold front come through the area.

Betsy

p.s. The picture was taken once again by my friend, www.laceykohlphotography.blogspot.com. I will post more soon. They turned out great!

1 comments:

Carie said...

Seriously. it is hot. I really did strip down after being outside. Your picture is beautiful.