Tuesday, November 22, 2005

On The Road Again

We are headed off for a visit to the family and it has only taken me FOREVER to pack. Taya does not want to spend the time packing and getting ready. She just wants to play. I put the clothes in the suitcase, she takes them out. What was I thinking putting her in the pack-n-play, how boring. I have given up for now and will just wait for Alex to come home and help. Maybe I can get everything done during nap time. So we are off for a fun visit with the family and some friends. Once again though, the Fosters will not be joining us and it always makes me a little sad. Although who blames them for not putting two small kids in the car for 9 hours.

You know the signs at the zoo that say "Do not feed the animals"? I need one that says "do not feed Taya." I guess everyone is feeling generous due to the holidays. They all want to share their food with my daughter. Thoughtful, but back off. The day of my work party everyone was sneaking her food and that night she woke up six times screaming. Her poor little tummy could not handle it all. She does not get sugar and candy and all of those things that adults indulge in. Not to mention there is a whole gamet of foods that she can not have because of possible allergies. Come on people, she can't have nuts. Stop feeding her sweet potatoe with nuts and marshmellows. She may like it at the time but she will pay for it later. Let's put our thinking caps on. They all want to hold her and play and then I turn my back for one second and she has something in her mouth. I am not letting go of her again.

Betsy

0 comments: