WHY????
Sad, so sad to read that Robyn is taking a break from blogging. I LOVE reading her blog. I am not sure how I will move on. All the cute pictures, funny stories, great opinions, The first of the year can not come fast enough. Maybe she will have a surprise update. Of course, out of habit, I will continue to check everyday just in case. You will be missed, hurry back.
So I have a visitor coming in Thursday. Rachel is coming to town to visit and shop. I am hoping that I can finish all my Christmas shopping this weekend. Not that I have much left. The only thing looming is the annual family calendar. What have I created? So much pressure to get it out and to make sure that everyone is evenly represented. You don't want to have too many pictures of one family member and not enough of the other. Plus you want to try to get the best pictures and not one that would upset someone. I am doing my best. This year is going much faster than last year. I have worked out most of the kinks and everything seems to be going a little smoother. The key is to be organized. I did a ton of prep work before I actually dove into the calendar itself and it is all paying off now. You guys had better enjoy.
So I am now on my second prescription for my dry hands and still no improvement. In fact is has only worsened. I finally went to the dermatologist about a month or so ago. He took one look, for across the room, and informed me that I had dry hands. He then asked if I used lotion. (No, I've been using gasoline, is that the problem?) Then he gave me a prescription (it cost $100) that I could not use because I am nursing. Of course while I was at his office I told him I was nursing and he assured me that he would give me something I could use. So after I called and told him the cream was covered in warning labels he called me back 4 days later and told me not to use it and called another one in and told me to come by and pick up some samples of otc lotions and Aveeno pamphlets. Thankfully Walgreen took back the million dollar lotion. So that brings me to the first useless cream. One month of using it and my "dry skin" problem spread to two more fingers. I called, and could only get the nurse, and she called in a stronger prescription. My condition continues to worsen. I guess miracle prescription #2 not so great. I am going to another doctor for a second opinion. The tips of six of my fingers are cracked and bleeding. It has begun to consume my life. I can't hardly button all the snap buttons on Taya's clothing. I now only wash dishes once a day and glove up. I group things that will cause me to wash my hands together so that I can do them at one time and wash my hands one time. I have a list a mile long of foods that burn when cutting them. Who knew that avocados would burn like fire when in contact with an open wound. I sleep with gloves on at night, which Alex has dubbed my mime gloves. It is terrible and I am at my wits end. I have tried every cream and lotion out there. Nothing has worked. This has been going for 5 months now. What do I do? It is going to take me until the beginning of the year to get in to another doctor. I am so frustrated I could scream. So thanks doc for your expert opinion. I thought I had oily skin. So glad I spent all that time and money to be informed that I should use lotion.
1 comments:
Poor Betsy! I hope doctor #2 figures out something for you. I too am saddened at Robyn's announcement. Now I expect to get all my anecdotes and cute pictures from you...no pressure
Melani
Post a Comment